Eligibility and Priorities for Reservations
Find out if you are eligible for priority reservation.
Eligibility for Use of Facilities
In order to reserve space in the University Center, Alumni House or certain facilities outside these locations, clients must be a member of one of the following categories:
- Student Organizations: Student organizations must be registered with the Center for Student Involvement. Student organizations are permitted to hold events between the first and last day of classes during the fall and spring semesters. Student groups not registered with the Center for Student Involvement will be considered a non-University organization.
- Academic and Administrative Departments: Must be officially recognized by the University.
- Non-University Groups or Individuals: Use of University Center facilities must be approved by the Director of Conference Services; please contact 516.877.6042 or – email@example.com. In most cases, non-Adelphi groups or individuals will be assessed a charge for the use of the room(s) requested and certain services.
Priorities and Timing for Submission of Reservation Requests
First consideration for use of the University Center facilities is given to mission-critical functions such as: Admissions, Orientation/Theme Weeks, Major Conferences and Cultural Events. These events can be submitted up to two years prior, beginning in January. Determination of which events are considered major annual events will be made by the Director of Auxiliary Services or in consultation with other University Administrators.
After the space requirements for institutional needs and annual major University events have been met, all other reservation requests will be filled in the order in which they are received using the following criteria:
- First: Student Organizations
- Second: University Departments/Organizations
- Third: Non-University Groups or Individuals