Auxiliary and Event Services


Wine and Beer Services

Our role is to serve our patrons responsibly.

For approved social events, we provide catered beer, wine, and soda. No other alcohol, including liquor, is permitted or served on campus. Our role is to serve our patrons responsibly, ensuring their well-being, while protecting the University and beverage staff against liability. Please review a comprehensive explanation of the Adelphi University Drug and Alcohol Policy.


Requests for wine and/or beer, to be served at an event, must be made via email to the Operations Manager. As our bar is not stationary, we need ample time to prepare and schedule bartenders for your event. Please ensure that your event needs are explicitly communicated according to the timeline below. 

Student Organizations

Student organizations may request wine and/or beer service for events in the University Center and Alumni House only. These requests must be made a minimum of thirty (30) days prior to the event at the Programming Planning Meeting. 

University Departments/Non-University Clients

Requests for wine and/or beer service from departments or non-university clients for events in the University Center or Alumni House must be received at least two (2) weeks prior to the event. For a cash bar, the request must be received at least four (4) weeks prior to the event. Requests for wine and/or beer service for events at other locations on campus, regardless of open or cash bar, require a temporary liquor permit and therefore must be received at least six (6) weeks prior to the event. 

Please be aware that wine and beer service cannot be guaranteed to late requests. Final attendance numbers must be confirmed for all events serving alcohol. 

House Beverage List

  • Sledgehammer Cabernet Sauvignon 
  • Cupcake Chardonnay
  • Duck Walk Pinot Grigio
  • Apothic Red
  • Heineken
  • Amstel Light
  • (Bud, Bud Light, and Corona are also offered)
  • Pepsi
  • Diet Pepsi
  • Ginger Ale
  • Seltzer

Details to Consider when Planning for an Event with Alcohol

  • Number of attendees.
  • Glassware or plastic cups? We recommend that all bars use glassware. All glasses are rented. We’ll be more than willing to give you a quote for the cost. If you would like to use hard plastic, we will accommodate. 
  • Open bar or cash bar? Open bars are invoiced to the client according to consumption (by bottle, not by glass). At cash bars, the guests pay for their individual drinks. Cash bars require a minimum guarantee. If this amount is not covered by the sales, the client will be charged for the balance.
  • Student Bartender or Agency Bartender? Student bartenders are $15.00/hr. Agency bartenders are $125.00/initial five hours, $25.00/hr thereafter. Student bartenders are always utilized during Cash Bars.
  • Please note that there is a Corkage Fee of $25 added to each invoice to cover operating costs.
  • All events with wine and/or beer service must have food for the duration of the event. If food runs out, all beer and wine will be removed from the event.

For further information, please contact:

Office of Auxiliary and Event Services
p – 516.877.4299
e –

Apply Now
Request Information